We know many of you Steamers out there would love a gaming rig that can stack up to your friend’s brand new Xbox One or PS4, but likely do not have the thousands of dollars it takes to build the ultimate Steam gaming PC. No worries; SteamFirst has you covered. We will give you an entire parts breakdown list with pricing, including links on where to buy everything, so that you can spend just about the same amount as a next generation console but get the benefits of playing your Steam gaming library. This build will allow you to play all past and current games on 1080p resolution, already better than a majority of Xbox One and PS4 games, while on high to ultra settings. Trust us.. Your buddies will be jealous.
There are a few notes with this build.
- Yes it does come with an OS – We do not condone pirating.
- As some people already have a keyboard/mouse handy in their house we did not include that in this price list, so make sure you get those as well if you need them.
- We also did not include a cd/dvd drive to install your OS but here is a handy guide on how to do it with a 4GB or larger USB drive.
Above is a screen shot breakdown of all the parts we pieced together as well as their current cost as of this writing. Of course depending on budget you can tweak parts as you wish, but always make sure they are still compatible with each other.
Not bad right? For a little over $500 bucks you can build a machine that can rival those new Xbox’s and PS4’s. Want to see a few stats on how well this puppy can run?
- Skyrim = Auto settings detected Ultra running at 60 fps
- Bioshock Infinite = 45-60fps on Ultra
- Far Cry 3 = 40fps on Ultra
- Tomb Raider = 55-60fps Ultra
- PAYDAY 2 = 80-110 on High setings
- CS:GO = 75-120fps on High
- Sniper Elite V2 = 90-140fps on Ultra
- Chivalry: Medieval Warfare = 60+fps High (35-45 on a full 64 MP map)
- GRID 2 = 45-65fps Ultra
So… Ready to bite the bullet and pull the trigger on a really nice gaming PC? This should last you at least a few years, if not longer if you are okay not using the highest of settings on games in the near future. The nice part as well is you can always upgrade your GPU, or even CPU, as the current PSU (power supply unit) will have plenty of power to spare. We have the full build link for you below. Enjoy building your new gaming rig! A quick thanks to 8bitkingdom on Reddit for testing this build setup.