A message to all Steam in home streaming group followers that an update has been implemented which fixes a few issues that people have been encountering during their stream sessions. The biggest of the fixes is the improved framerate during streaming. Below you can find a full list of everything that has been given some extra attention during this update.
- Improved responsiveness and smoothness by decoupling game framerate and capture rate
- Experimental framerate improvement for older dual-core laptops
- Fixed audio crackling on SteamOS
- Added support for Retina displays on Mac OS X
- Improved remote gamepad support when streaming games from Linux
The protocol version has been changed with this update, so please make sure Steam shows a build date or March 3 or newer on all your computers.
Details courtesy of Steams in home streaming Steam group.