Today Edge of Reality has implemented update 4.0 for its hit free to play title Loadout. The two major changes which come with this update are the introduction of private matches where you can play with friends, and if you have no friends, you can play with bots. Also, a new map titled Comm Tower. More details below:
Players now have the ability to create their own private matches with their friends or foes. The private match system is limited to 2 to 8 players at any given time, with an option to turn on or off the “bot filler”. Uneven teams are supported, with or without bots. Players will not earn rewards such as blutes or XP and will not progress through the game while playing in a private match. Party leader is able to choose the map and mode to their liking and AFK players will not timeout if away from the private match screen.
- 2-8 players
- Bot fillers can be turned on/off
- No AFK timeout
- No end game screen/ No progression, blutes, XP
New Level: Comm Tower
Comm Tower coming your way for Deathsnatch, Blitz, Domination, Extraction and Jackhammer.
Additional patch information
- Age Gate (17+ restriction for new players)
- Refinements to the Casual Matchmaking algorithm
- Sci-Fi Pads (Orange)
- Sci-Fi Shirt (Orange)
- Orgasm Donor Tee
- Fixed bugs causing UI screens to freeze
- Party chat log now clears when entering a lobby
- In-game chat will resume if temporarily interrupted.
- Bots are no longer always on the radar. Bots will show when running and firing their weapon.
- Beam reticle blends color based on damage and distance
- Rare Server Crash fix
- Bandwidth optimization and improvements
We figured all our maps needed a nice coat of “hawtnezz”, so we rearranged the item locations for each map and each associated game mode. This gives each map a new tactical approach, just in time for some private matchin’.