Dirty Bomb is a free to play, multiplayer, class based, first person shooter developed by Splash Damage and is available now on Steam. This game right off the bat has a similar feel to a game many of you may remember Brink. This title is a highly objective based game getting rid of that TDM mentality. Dirty Bomb is currently in open beta but I would say that it is in very good shape and ready for play.
About This Game
Dirty Bomb takes first person shooters back to their purest roots in a fast-paced team game that will challenge even the most competent players. This game won’t hold your hand, in fact it is more likely to kick your teeth in. With no controller support or aim assist, all that lies between you and certain death is player skill and reaction. Work together or die alone in the most challenging team-based FPS.
In the near future, London stands abandoned, a dilapidated shell of its former self. After a mysterious disaster, the international Crisis and Disaster Agency stepped in to clean up the mess and decontaminate the city. They failed… badly.
Now the streets of London are the playground of Private Military Companies (PMCs) who battle to control what remains of the city’s riches. After all, what’s a little radiation sickness when there’s money to be made?
Say goodbye to London, say hello to the Merc Capital of the World.
- Your Mercs, Your Style: Choose from a wide array of distinct Mercenaries. Need heavy fire-power? Pick Fragger, a big man with a big gun and grenades to boot. Prefer a speedy little skirmisher? Grab Proxy and race around the map, hitting the flanks with a shotgun or cricket bat. Each Merc has a variety of load-outs and attributes to suit your style. So select your favorite three, form a squad, and get ready to Play Dirty!
- There’s no I in Team: Although each Merc has their own individual strengths, they really come into their own when working as part of a team. Success in Dirty Bomb relies on creating balanced Mercenary squads, coordinating with your teammates to fight as one and showing your opponents the real meaning of hostile negotiations.
- Competitive To The Core: Dirty Bomb is built to be a highly competitive and engaging FPS experience. From the team-based gameplay to party matchmaking to planning unique Merc strategies to achieve the objective, Dirty Bomb will have everything a player needs to vie for top honors.
- A Mercenary’s Playground: Compete for riches and bragging rights from 5v5 to 8v8 multiplayer action across the game’s initial two modes:
- Objective – Complete team objectives such as blowing up a train while your opponent defends and tries to run out the clock.
- Stop-Watch – It’s about teamwork and strategy in this race against time. Players take turns attacking and defending objectives while the clock counts down, the team that gets the furthest or completes it all faster takes the prize.
- Free-to-Win: Totally free to play and, more importantly, free to win, Dirty Bomb gives you hundreds of hours of competitive multiplayer fully supported by dedicated servers. It’s all about playing well as a team and mastering your Mercs and their abilities, not the amount of money spent.
The Cynical Brit has a nice breakdown of the game which is shown below:
Click here to see other great free to play titles Steam has to offer.
About by Steam.
Find Dirty Bomb on Steam.